Living In Joy

Sunday, January 1, 2012

For the Happiest New Year

I love this time of year. It means holidays and holiday parties, getting together with friends and family, and having a reason to eat and shop! J I especially love that “The Holiday Season,” begins with Thanksgiving, passes through Christmas, and ends with a New Year. It seems to me like that should be the model for how we approach every day. In that spirit, here is how I want to spend the first 5 minutes of every morning of 2012:

First, I’m going to practice Thanksgiving by being thankful for another day to spend with friends, family, co-workers and other comrades who are essentially facing the same life-struggles and celebrations I am.

Then, like on Christmas day, I’m going to remind myself that I am loved, saved, and gifted, and I’m going to resolve to express my hope, joy and peace, wherever the day takes me.

Finally, as I do when I face the coming New Year, I’m going to rejoice in all of the possibilities that lie within the coming 24 hours: all of the things that I want to do differently, all of the things I’d like to keep the same, all of the miraculous events I cannot even imagine from where I stand at the beginning of my day.

Maybe this is what it means to “make every day a holiday.” From now on, I’m going to make every day three of them.

Thank you, so much, for your support and encouragement over this last year. I hope each of you and your families had a very merry Christmas, and will have a joyful and remarkable 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment