Living In Joy

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome to Living In Joy

Hello!

I'm Shelly. I'm a nurse at a major metroplitan trauma center in Nashville, Tennessee, and I am ever fascinated by the changes, trials, pains, celebrations, and riches offered by life, and how people manage them. Moreover, as I work beside some of the most talented and beautiful people, who also have chosen caregiving as a profession, I am often struck by the fact that these caregivers completely fail to nurture themselves.

I do not think that failure is specific to nurses. So, I am starting this blog with weekly updates as an attempt to reflect on some aspects of life that I find curious. I'll also be sharing with you some strategies I have found, that help me to remain in touch with the joy of life that prevails, even when things are difficult. Regardless of the profession you have chosen, I hope to remind you in some way of your dreams, your passions, and your appreciation of this playground that is life in this world. I hope to entertain you in some way, or allow you a moment to reflect, or remind you that life is for living. In short, I hope to reconnect you, or help you to remain connected, to your joy.

Thank you for reading!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment